September 09, 2009

Samples of some of the hundreds of quotes included in the book:
On Raves and the Rave experience...


"A general definition of a rave would be a modern high-tech form of an ancient tribal ritual where shamans gather to dance themselves into deep trance or self-hypnosis. Raving is a very deep spiritual experience like the enlightenment states in many religions."

- Janne Leino, raver, Helsinki, Finland.

"Rave culture has changed my whole life. I was brought up in Tokyo in a middle class family and had no appreciation for nature or connections to other people. Rave culture and trance music has given me direction and spiritual fulfillment. My life is more valuable to me now. I have seen other people change too. They become happier."

- Chika, Solstice DJ, rave promoter, Tokyo, Japan.

No comments: